This gluten-free bread, courtesy of Elana Amsterdam at Elana’s Pantry, is great toasted and spread with goat cheese (as in the photo), nut butter or dipped in olive oil.
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup golden flaxmeal
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt, and baking soda
- In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy
- Stir agave and vinegar into eggs
- Mix dry ingredients into wet
- Pour Scoop batter into a well-greased 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pan
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
- Cool and serve
Makes 1 medium sized loaf
Storage: Wrap bread in a paper towel and then seal it in a Ziploc bag; stored this way it can keep for several days refrigerated.
Healthtree is grateful to Elana Amsterdam and her team for giving us permission to post this recipe. See the recipe at Elana’s Pantry.