Mindy’s Applesauce Spiced Muffins
Cooking: 30 min
- 1 ½ cups organic all purpose flour
- ½ cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/3 cup almond oil or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1cup applesauce
1) Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2) Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
3) Whisk together the flour, raisins, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
4) In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg and applesauce until smooth.
5) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in applesauce mixture until moistened.
6) Spoon batter into each muffin cup and bake until golden and muffins spring back when pressed lightly, 25-30 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes in the pan and remove to wire rack.