Mindy’s Apple Cranberry Raisin Crisp
Cooking: 45 min
- 6 Macintosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 1 cup Abenakis Organic rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
1) Combine apples and flour and toss to coat. Add sugar, raisins, cranberries and orange juice and mix well. Transfer to baking dish and spread evenly.
2) Melt coconut oil and honey in microwave oven for about 30 seconds, stirring once or twice.
3) In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and stir with a fork until well combined.
4) Pour in the oil and honey and stir until mixture is well blended and crumbly.
5) Distribute evenly over the fruit mixture.
6) Bake at 350˚F for about 45 minutes, until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.