Mindy’s Protein Brownies
Cooking: 40 min
- 1 oz. organic dark chocolate
- 1½ cups canned organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup organic honey (or other sweetener such as agave or brown rice syrup)
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. organic canola oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Melt chocolate and 1 tbsp. of water over double boiler.
2) In a food processor combine melted chocolate with all ingredients except the walnuts. Process until the mixture is smooth. Stir in walnuts, if using.
3) Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish and bake at 350˚F for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is dry.
When cooled, cut into squares.
Serve with frozen yogurt or ice cream if desired.