Mindy’s Basic Tomato Sauce
Cooking: 20 min
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed or diced Utopia tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. each fresh chopped basil, parsley, oregano (or 2 tsp. dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes.
2) Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and add herbs. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Puree sauce in food processor or blender, if desired or leave as is.