Mindy’s Coconut Vegetable Curry
Cooking: More than 2 hours
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 onions, chopped, 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp. curry powder, ½ tsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger, 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained,
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup (1-inch) cut green beans
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper, pinch red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
1) Cook onion and carrot in oil for 5 minutes.
2) Add next 4 ingredients and cook one more minute. Place onion mixture in slow cooker.
3) Add remaining ingredients except spinach and coconut milk. Cook, covered on HIGH for 6 hours.
4) Add spinach and coconut milk and stir until spinach is wilted.
Serve over quinoa, brown rice or whole wheat couscous.