Grilled Salmon with a Spinach Orange Salad
Choose a large fillet of salmon, about 4 servings of 5 oz. portions (high in Omega 3 fatty acids that are good for the heart)Dry Rub
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of coriander seed (need to grind in mortar and pestle)
- 2 tbsp of Italian parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
1) Mix all together and rub on your salmon (if you are making 2 portions half this recipe)
2) Leave the dry rub on your salmon for 15 minutes.
3) Then grill in the oven at 350°F/180°C for 15-20 minutes or grill on the BBQ!
While salmon is cooking…Spinach Salad
1) 3 cups of baby spinach (lutien, b-complex, folates, magnesium, potassium and calcium – more goodness for the heart)
2) Peel two oranges (vitamin C, carotenoids, folate and fiber) and chop into cubes.
3) Add your favorite nuts – almonds are our favorite. Chopped.
4) 2 tbsp Goji berries re-hydrated – add to water or apple juice till soft and tender (high in antioxidants, who doesn’t love antioxidants!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar: try the Crema All’Aceto Balsamico… it is creamy and delicious. Add 1 tsp and taste, adding more if desired.
Enjoy with a glass of red wine – a glass a day can improve HDL cholesterol.
For dessert – a square of dark chocolate (70+%) can lower blood pressure.