Mindy’s Meatballs in Tomato Pasta Sauce
Cooking: 60 min
- ½ lb. organic ground pork, ½ lb. organic ground veal, 1 lb. organic ground beef
- ¾ cup organic plain bread crumbs plus ¼ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup organic parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Canola and olive oil
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 28 oz. can Utopia organic crushed tomatoes
- ½ tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. ground pepper
1) Combine all ingredients except oils. Add ½ cup warm water.
2) Prepare meatballs in desired size.
3) In a large skillet, heat equal amounts of canola and olive oil. Cook meatballs over medium-low heat, turning to brown on all sides.
4) Carefully remove the meatballs to drain, cooking in batches to not crowd them.
Discard the oil but do not clean the pan.Sauce
1) Heat the olive oil in the pan from the meatballs.
2) Cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the wine and cook for about 3 minutes on high heat, scraping up bits in the pan.
3) Stir in tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
4) Add the meatballs and simmer on low for 40-45 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Serve with spaghetti or pasta of your choice.