Cooking: 75 min
- 1 can whole peeled Utopia tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. Ecoidee Rice Bran Oil
- 1 large eggplant cut in 1inch pieces Salt
- 2 yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 1 head garlic-peeled and cloves separated and smashed
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, cut in 1-inch strips
- 2 large zucchini, cut in 1 inch wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2) Place tomatoes and juices on rimmed stone or baking pan breaking into ½ inch pieces. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. oil and bake 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Toss eggplant with 2 tsp. salt and let sit for 30 minutes while tomatoes are roasting. Squeeze out excess liquid.
4) Heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium and cook onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 5 minutes.
5) Add peppers and cook 5-7 more minutes.
6) Add tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, bay leaf, herbs, and simmer gently, about 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
7) Remove bay leaf. Add vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.