Mindy’s Vegetarian Whole Grain Chili
Cooking: 30 min
- 1½ tsp. red curry paste
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups peeled, cubed sweet potato
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups red kidney beans
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Mix curry paste, cumin and 1 tsp. broth together until smooth.
2) Add remaining broth, bulgur, sweet potato and bell pepper. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
3) Stir in beans, coconut milk and tomato puree and cook uncovered for 20 more minutes until bulgur is tender and mixture is thick.
4) Stir in green onions and pepper to taste.