Gluten Free Polenta Cake
Cooking: 60 min
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1¼ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup organic gluten free cornmeal
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
1) Beat softened butter and sugar until smooth.
2) Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3) Beat in lemon zest and almond extract.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
5) Stir half the flour mixture into the batter. Stir in buttermilk, then the remaining flour mixture.
6) Pour into a greased and parchment lined tube pan and bake at 350˚F for 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert and cool completely on a wire rack.