Mindy’s Winter Fruit Salad with Quinoa
Cooking: 15 min
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups organic unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 organic cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 large organic oranges, peeled, scored and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup organic dried cranberries
- 1 cup of fruit of your choice (figs, apples, pears, bananas, pineapple) cut into bite size pieces
1) Rinse the quinoa several times under cold water and drain.
2) Bring the quinoa and juice to a boil.
3) Add in cinnamon sticks. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. All the liquid should be absorbed.
4) Remove cinnamon sticks and set aside to cool. When cooled, stir in the zest and fruit.
Garnish with mint leaves before serving, if desired.