Mindy’s Lentil Soup with Vegetables
Cooking: 30 min
- 2 cups Red Lentils
- 2 tbsp. Rice Bran Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, cored and diced
- 6 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can crushed Utopia tomatoes (or diced if preferred)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Pick through lentils to remove any misshapen ones. Rinse well and drain.
2) Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and add onion, cooking for about 5 minutes.
3) Add garlic, carrot and bell pepper and cook another 5 minutes.
4) Stir in broth, lentils, tomatoes, paprika, cumin and ½ tsp. each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes until lentils are very tender.
Season with more salt and pepper if desired.