Mindy’s Whole Grain Tabouli Salad
Cooking: 20 min
- ½ cup fine bulgur
- ¼ cup millet
- ¼ cup roasted buckwheat groats (Kasha)
- ¾ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- ½ tsp. salt
1) In a bowl soak bulgur in 1½ cups of warm water for 15 minutes.
2) Heat millet over medium high heat for 5 minutes, until they begin to pop, and add ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. of water and cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) In another pot add kasha to ½ cup of boiling water and cook on medium-low, covered until soft, about 10 minutes.
4) Drain bulgur. In a large bowl combine grains with parsley, onions, mint and tomatoes.
5) Whisk together lemon juice, oil, broth and salt in a small bowl and then pour over salad.