This Chocolate Peanut Butter smoothie bowl is deceptively nutritious AND nutritious! In fact, it's packed with fermented organic whole foods like dandelion, cilantro, carrot, kale, and beets, 6 g of the cleanest possible plant-based vegan proteins, 3 mg of iron, and over 50 mg of vitamin C.
You won't believe it could be possible until you taste it for yourself!
1⁄3 cup almond milk
2 frozen bananas
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp chia seeds
1 scoop Whole Earth & Sea Fermented Organic Greens – Chocolate flavour
Optional toppings – granola, sliced banana, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, and cacao nibs
1. Add all your ingredients into a blender and mix. The mixture should be thick and creamy. You can thin it out by adding a splash of almond milk
if you prefer.
2. Serve in a bowl and add all your favourite toppings.
Here's a little more about why the whole Healthtree team loves Whole Earth and Sea's Chocolate flavoured Fermented Organic Greens:
- The organic fruit, vegetable, and grass is grown at Factors Farms in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and is blended to support an alkaline environment in the body.
- Includes cordyceps, reishi, himematsutake, shiitake, maitake, and turkey tail mushrooms, rich in polysaccharides
- Vegan-friendly, gluten-free, non-dairy, and non-GMO formula sweetened with low-glycemic stevia, and only contains natural organic flavours
*Recipe provided by Karlene Karst and Natural Factors
Karlene Karst holds a BSc in Nutrition and is a leading authority in natural health and wellness. You can enjoy over 100 of her delicious recipes in her latest cookbook, This Kitchen Is for Dancing, Real Food, Pure Flavor. She is also the founder of the award- winning brand Sea-licious® Omega-3 oils and has published numerous health books. Karlene is an upbeat, well-informed sought-after TV personality and spokesperson appearing on the cover of magazines and TV shows including The Marilyn Denis Show, CTV Morning Live, and Global Morning News.