The active omega 3 compounds DHA and EPA support brain and eye development, reduce inflammation, and lower elevated triglyceride levels associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. SISU’s high-potency, easy-to-swallow Vegetarian Omega 3 capsules from algae are a convenient source of omega 3 essential fatty acids, ideal for people with sensitive systems and those following a vegan diet.
- Non-fish source omega 3
- Small, easy-to-swallow capsules
- High-dose DHA
Schizochytrium oil*(Schizochytrium spp, whole) 200 mg docosahexaenoic acid [DHA]602 mg
- Sunflower (Helianthus annuus) seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherols, lecithin, rosemary leaf extract
- Modified corn starch, purified water, glycerin (vegetable), carrageenan, d-sorbitol, beta carotene, hypromellose, caramel
- Dosage (adults and children 13 and over): Take 2–5 capsules daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner; Dosage (children 4-12 years): Take 1 capsule daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner
- Dairy, wheat, or gluten
- Suitable for vegans
- Non GMO
Omega 3 is one of the families of healthy fats called essential fatty acids (EFA). Omega 3 are called ”essential” because the body cannot produce them, so we must acquire them from our diet or gain them through supplements. The active omega 3 compounds are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). DHA is the most abundant unsaturated fatty acid in the human brain, it is highly concentrated in the retina of the eye, and is critical for the structure and function of cell membranes. EPA performs different functions; it helps reduce inflammation and is a factor in cardiovascular health. The body can convert DHA to EPA as needed but the reverse is not true, making DHA the more valuable of the two active omega 3 compounds. The primary dietary source of DHA is fatty fish or to a lesser extent, fortified foods. Eating fish several times per week or taking fish oil in gelatin capsules or liquid can be challenging.
Sisu’s high-potency Vegetarian Omega 3 from algae is a convenient source providing consistent amounts of omega 3, and is ideal for people who follow a vegan diet.
- 200 mg of DHA from GMO-free algae sustainably grown in dedicated, inland farms with no impact on any marine environment
- DHA supports brain and eye development in utero and in children
- DHA supplementation has been associated with a decreased risk of post-partum depression
- When taken by breast-feeding women, DHA crosses into breast milk to increase infants’ DHA levels
- Plays a key role in reducing inflammation associated with auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis
- DHA helps support neurological health at all ages
- Omega 3 effectively lowers elevated triglyceride levels associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Ideal for people with sensitive systems who cannot take fish oil because of fishy burps